Shrimp and Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups salad shrimp if frozen, thawed and drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- Place bulgur wheat in a heatproof glass bowl and add the boiling stock. Stir, cover and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together shrimp, tomatoes, onions, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic salt, zest and pepper.
- Fluff the bulgur wheat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add to the shrimp mixture, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving over lettuce leaves.
Note: you can substitute an equal amount of farro, however, follow the package directions for preparation. Nutrition information: 269 calories; 8.6g fat; 275mg sodium; 21.1g carbohydrates; 28.1g protein.