Silky Garlic Spread
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup soft silken tofu drained
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh vegetables such as celery sticks carrots, broccoli florets, button mushrooms, cauliflower florets
- In a food processor, combine the beans, tofu, garlic, seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika. Add lemon juice and oil through the shoot and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and cover. Allow to stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with the fresh vegetables.
- Remove from refrigerator 35 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information: 223 calories per 1/4 cup serving; 3.8g fat; 87mg sodium; 33.9g carbohydrates; 14.7g protein.