The farmer’s market is one of my favorite places during the summer. The brightly colored fruits and vegetables seem to be calling my name as I walk past each booth. And, who can resist a juicy peach, freshly picked sweet corn or a first-of-the-season cantaloupe or watermelon?
This month, Finest Cooking is featuring fresh fruits and vegetables, so head out to your local farmer’s market and support your area growers.
Fresh Corn Salad
- 2 c. corn fresh or frozen thawed
- 3/4 c. cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/4 c. red onion diced
- 1-1/2 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Green onions sliced
- 3 T. sour cream
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 2 T. Fresh basil minced
- salt and pepper
- Combine corn, cucumber, onions, and tomatoes in salad bowl.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, oil, basil and salt and pepper.
- Add to vegetables and gently toss to coat.
- Chill and serve.