Back to School
It’s that crazy time of year when the kids are back in school and their schedules have us wondering how in the world to get supper on the table without driving through a fast food restaurant. Here are a few recipes that take little time to put together and give you a hot meal on those busy evenings.
German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- 1 c. Pecans chopped
- 1 c. coconut
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix
- 1-8 oz. pkg. Cream cheese softened
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. margarine melted
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle pecans and coconut over bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour batter over nuts and coconut.
- Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Carefully stir in melted margarine and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over top of cake batter and lightly spread.
- Bake in 325-degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn cake out upside down and leave pan over cake for a few minutes to allow topping to loosen from pan.