Hawaiian Beef Sliders
Submitted by: Kaleo Elder, Corn Belt Energy Corporation
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls (12 in a package)
- 1 pound deli roast beef
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup French fried onion rings
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 packet au jus seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13” baking dish.
- Horizontally slice Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottom half in pan.
- Layer with 6 slices cheese, roast beef, French fried onions, and remaining cheese. Top with the other half of the rolls.
- For the seasoning, melt butter in microwave. Stir in ½ package of au jus seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and seasoned salt.
- Top the rolls with this mixture, making sure all the rolls are entirely coated.
- Bake the sliders uncovered until the tops of the rolls are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sliders are baking, take the remaining packet of au jus and place in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cups water and whisk. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and allow it to thicken.
- Serve au jus with sandwiches.
Nutrition information: 803 calories; 56.3g fat; 1350mg sodium; 12.7g carbohydrates; 56.9g protein.