Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Submitted by: Sarah Rahe, Menard Electric Cooperative
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 small jalapenos seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 slices red onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill or broiler on high.
- In large bowl, combine beef, jalapenos, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil patties 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Place each patty on bun. Top with tomato, onion, lettuce and serve immediately.
Nutrition information: 400 calories; 13.7g fat; 702mg sodium; 24g carbohydrates; 42.3g protein.