Thoughts of red roses, cards filled with undying love, sparkling wine and large heart-shaped boxes full of chocolates – it must be time for Valentine’s Day! According to The Nielsen Company, more than 58 million pounds of chocolate candy will be sold during Valentine’s week. That’s a lot of chocolate!
It only made sense for Finest Cooking to feature chocolate in February. We won’t debate whether white chocolate truly is chocolate, we just know it’s delicious. Here at Illinois Country Living, we enjoyed sampling these sweet treats. There is something for everyone and we hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 4 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1-1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 rounded teaspoons instant coffee
- 4 T. brandy
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. Pecans finely chopped
- Melt chocolate over hot water and let cool.
- Beat yolks; add sugar gradually until smooth.
- Beat in butter, a little at a time.
- Dissolve coffee in brandy; add vanilla.
- Combine brandy mixture with egg and butter mixture.
- Add chocolate and mix thoroughly. Chill well.
- Shape into balls and roll in finely chopped pecans. Chill or freeze.