Oh me, oh my, it’s pie!
Ask 10 different people their favorite kind of pie, and you just may get 10 different answers. Whether you like the all-American apple, or prefer cherry, peach, chocolate or pecan, the list can go on and on. One thing is certain, those flaky crusts and fruit or cream fillings are a favorite of young and old alike.
Readers submitted a wide variety of recipes and you just may find a new favorite to add to your recipe box.
Nantucket Cranberry Pie
- 2 cups raw cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. almod extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Grease a 10-inch pie pan or an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- On the bottom, put cranberries, sugar and chopped nuts.
- Mix rest of ingredients and pour over top of cranberries.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.