Epiphany Lutheran Church Star Recipes
Who: Epiphany Lutheran Church
Cost: $14 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 96
Send checks to: Epiphany Lutheran Church, c/o Marcia Anderson,
1125 Grand Oak Dr., Carbondale, IL 62901 or call 618-549-3121.
Up North French Potato Salad
- 1- 16 oz. pkg sliced bacon
- 3 lb. small red potatoes unpeeled cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb. fresh green beans in 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 c. beef consomme' undiluted
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. tarragon
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut bacon in 1-inch pieces; cook until lightly browned. Drain.
- Cook potatoes in water to cover for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain.
- Cook beans in 1/2-inch water, salted, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients, stir well.
- Combine potatoes and beans.
- Pour dressing over and add bacon. Toss gently.
- Let sit 2-3 hours, covered. Stir gently and serve. Yield: 8-10 servings.