His Heavenly Table
Who: St. Paul’s Cathedral
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 227
Send checks to: St. Paul’s Cathedral, c/o Warren Swaar,
24833 State Hwy. 29, Greenview, IL 62642 or call 217-671-9063.
- 1 c. milk scalded
- 4-1/2 T. butter
- 1 T. Salt
- 4 T. sugar
- 3/4 c. warm water
- 2 pkgs. or cakes yeast
- 4 c. flour
- Scald milk.
- Stir in butter, salt and sugar. Cool to lukewarm.
- Into large bowl add warm water (not hot or it will kill the yeast). Sprinkle in yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Add lukewarm milk and mix. Stir in flour. Cover and let rise in warm place until more than doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Stir down batter. Beat vigorously about 30 seconds.
- Turn into greased 1-1/2 quart round or oval casserole or two 9x5x2” pans.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until done. Do not over bake as this is to be a moist, heavy bread.
- Brush with butter when it comes out of oven.