Wednesday Soup Lunch Bunch
Who: St. Paul Lutheran Church
Cost: $12 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 91
Send checks to: St. Paul Lutheran Church,
Attn: Judelle Murphy/Outreach Chair, 617 St. Lawrence Ave., Beloit, WI 53511
or call 608-365-2994 or 608-365-7064.
Risotto ai Funghi
- 2 c. Arborio rice
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 4 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. olive oil
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in lukewarm water for 30 minutes; strain and reserve the liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add mushrooms, parsley and saute’ gently for a few minutes; season to taste and set aside.
- Heat stock in saucepan.
- Saute’ onion in olive oil until slightly brown, add rice and let it toast until light brown, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and liquid from the porcini mushrooms, stir until liquid evaporates.
- Add mushrooms and a couple of ladles of hot stock, just until rice is covered.
- Stir and simmer until nearly all the stock has been absorbed.
- Continue this manner until all the stock has been used.
- Once the rice is cooked (around 35 minutes), remove pan from heat, mix in Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.