LaMoine Christian Camp Cookbook
Who: LaMoine Christian Camp
Cost: $15 for 1, $25 for 2, includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 171
Send checks to: LaMoine Christian Service Camp & Retreat Center, Attn: Doug Hamer, 2760 E. County Rd. 1600, Tennessee, IL 62374 or call 217-654-2238.
Taco Meatball Ring
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 2 T. water
- 2-4 T. taco seasoning
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2-8 oz. tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 med. tomato chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 c. sliced ripe olives
- 2 sm. jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa optional
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and taco seasoning.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 16 balls.
- Place 1 inch apart in an ungreased 10x15x1" baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain meat balls on paper towels.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Arrange crescent rolls on a round stone or a greased 15" pizza pan, forming a ring with narrow ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Place a meat ball on each roll; fold point over meat ball and tuck under wide end of roll (meat balls will be visible).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
- Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, remaining cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa, if desired.