A slice of heaven
Sometimes, you just need comfort food and for many that includes pizza. During this unsettled time, you may not be able to go to your local pizza place to enjoy your favorite pie. An alternative is to make it at home. This month, readers shared their favorite pizza and crust recipes, and we even have a dessert pizza to top it all off.
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 package yeast
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 8 ounces Tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- To make crust, combine water, yeast and biscuit mix. Knead 20 times. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients in small pan, mixing well. Heat to boil, turn off heat, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- When dough has risen, spread onto a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Spread with sauce and your favorite cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-12 minutes.