It’s that crazy time of year when the kids are back in school and their schedules have us wondering how in the world to get supper on the table without driving through a fast food restaurant. Here are a few recipes that take little time to put together and give you a hot meal on those busy evenings.
Slow-cooked Creamy Italian Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 c. Water
- 1-8 oz. pkg. Cream cheese softened
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1-4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Combine the salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.