Recipes for Friendship in ESA
Who: Delta Xi, Chapter #5560
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 181
Send checks to: Rhonda Rawlings, P.O. Box 581, Neoga, IL 62447
or email email@example.com.
South Texas Rice
- 1/2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Green pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 lg. onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 c. uncooked white rice
- 4 c. tomato juice
- 1 c. Water
- 1-2 tsp. Taco seasoning
- 1 t. chili seasoning
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Salt
- 1-2 tsp. Fajita seasoning
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 t. Dried basil
- In a very large skillet or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef, green and red peppers and onion.
- Drain off the grease.
- Add the jalapeno, rice, tomato juice, water, taco seasoning, chili seasoning, garlic powder, salt, fajita seasoning, tomato and basil. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Allow mixture to simmer until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid, about 30 minutes.