Submitted by Kay Diekemper, Clinton County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Sour Cream Fruit Pie
- 1 pie crust unbaked
- 1-1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 T. flour
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 c. fresh or frozen fruit We like peaches, blueberries or raspberries
- ground nutmeg optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the sugar, eggs, sour cream and flour. Add remaining ingredients, except fruit.
- Place fruit on bottom of unbaked pie crust. Carefully pour mixture into crust. Top with freshly-ground nutmeg, if you like.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is firm and a knife comes out clean. Cool.
Best if refrigerated overnight. (Strawberries and rhubarb also work.)