During these dog days of summer, I don’t feel like eating anything heavy. I crave fresh foods, and farmers’ markets are full of a rainbow of amazing fruits and vegetables that call out to me. Support your local farmers and enjoy a light meal by making salad your entrée. Just grab a fresh baguette from a local bakery and you have a fulfilling meal. Enjoy! ~ Valerie
- 6 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2-1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey diced
- 3/4 cup radishes chopped
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup Green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 7-10 slices Bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- In small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar and set aside.
- In large bowl, layer ingredients in following order: lettuce, chicken or turkey, radish, peas, mayonnaise mixture, celery, green pepper, red onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, and eggs. Do not mix.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can adjust vegetable amounts to your liking.
- Toss just before serving. Serve with bread or rolls and fresh fruit.