Any comfort food dinner, think fried chicken, pot roast or your favorite, just isn’t complete without potatoes. Whether they are mashed, baked, scalloped or prepared another way, potatoes are an American staple. While high in carbohydrates, they contain healthy amounts of fiber and are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Leave on the skin and you’ve
added a good source of potassium. Readers submitted a variety of ways to use potatoes, and we hope you enjoy them.
Texas-style Turkey and Taters
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 med. onion finely chopped
- 1 med. stalk celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 1- 4 oz. can Chopped green chilies drained
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- Cook turkey, onion, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally until turkey is done and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and chilies.
- Cook uncovered about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Spoon over baked potatoes.