His Heavenly Table
Who: St. Paul’s Cathedral
Cost: $15 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 227
Send checks to: St. Paul’s Cathedral, c/o Warren Swaar,
24833 State Hwy. 29, Greenview, IL 62642 or call 217-671-9063.
Vidalia Onion Pie
- 1 large pie crust
- 2 large Vidalia onions thinly sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded Gruyere cheese may substitute with Swiss
- 1/4 c. basil leaves
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the onion slices on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Spread the cheese on top of the onions.
- Layer on the basil leaves and arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.