Epiphany Lutheran Church Star Recipes
Who: Epiphany Lutheran Church
Cost: $14 includes shipping
Details: Soft-backed, spiral bound
Pages of recipes: 96
Send checks to:
Epiphany Lutheran Church, c/o Marcia Anderson,
1125 Grand Oak Dr., Carbondale, IL 62901 or call 618-549-3121.
Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 2 medium avocados seeded and pulp scooped out
- 1/4 c. reduced fat mayonnaise
- 4-5 t. Lime Juice
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. Salt
- Cilantro leaves and/or green onions for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Add avocado to bowl, and using a fork, mash with yolks until fairly smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne and salt. Stir well to blend.
- Place the filling in the whites of the eggs using a small spoon, or pipe in with a pastry bag. Garnish as desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a lightly covered container.